With inspiration from the royal baby and an in-office baby shower over at the CW23 Winging It! Buffalo Style office’s, I shared some tips, ideas and inspiration for the perfect baby shower. Watch the segment here!
Tips & Tricks:
1. Baby gifts: from clothing to toys to nursery necessities, Baby room (found in room Buffalo, Hertel Ave.) is your one stop shop! Plus many items are made right here in the USA!
2. Decor: keep it fun and funky with ombre tassel garland from Studio Mucci. They’ve got you covered on color combos and even allow you to custom order to your needs!
3. Centerpieces: change it up! Sure florals are beautiful, but why not use these amazing prints from SS Print Shop. Frame them and place down the table. These will be multi-functional as you can then use them for the babies room!
4. Invites: Red Lantern Creative has got you covered. From baby announcements to invites and thank you’s, they know what you’ll need to get your message across. They’re open to custom orders and love to work with your theme!
5. Cocktails: why not stick to the color scheme and include wine’s that match that of your baby shower? Our friends at Becker Farms are known for their blueberry and raspberry wines, which happen to be pink & blue!
6. Games: always necessary at a baby shower, but not always fun to play. This game, however, will have guests laughing non-stop. Pick up a package of mini plastic babies (found at your local craft store), place 1 baby in each cube of your ice tray with water and freeze. Have your guests place one ice cube in their drinking glasses and once the ice cube melts, they’ll have to scream “my water broke!” Whoever’s water breaks first, wins a prize!
7. Favors: skip the typical favor and add something your guests will truly love, OPI nail polish! It just so happens they have a pink named “It’s a Girl” so add a handmade gift tag and voila you’ll have a gift they’ll love to receive. With the royal baby in mind, we went with their blue, “Dating a Royal” because naturally, your baby is royalty!
7. Gender Reveal: not typically done at a baby shower, the gender reveal has turned into a party in itself. To incorporate a gender reveal, Creative Creations Cakery helped us by creating 2 mini cakes, one with a blue filling (for a boy) and one with pink “pearls” (for a girl). Why not make it a surprise!?
Thank you to those who participated in this feature:
As seen on